For the muffins:
- 1 cup milk of choice
- ½ tbsp apple cider vinegar
- ¾ cup coconut sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 container of DF plain Greek yogurt (I use Cocojune)
- 2 + ¾ cup oat flour
- ¼ cup ground flax seeds
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 large apple, peeled and diced into bite size pieces
For the cinnamon maple crumble topping:
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 and line a muffin tin
- Whisk milk, apple cider vinegar, coconut sugar, egg, yogurt, and vanilla in a bowl. Set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, stir together the oat flour, flax seed, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and sea salt until everything is well combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir together until combined. Fold in apple pieces.
- Next, make the cinnamon crumble topping by combining almond flour, maple, coconut sugar, cinnamon, and sea salt until crumbly.
- Scoop batter evenly among 15 cupcake liners. Sprinkle cinnamon crumble over the top and bake for 20 minutes. Allow to cool on a cooling rack before enjoying.
- Serve & enjoy!!!
Let us know what you think! Elisabeth DiDonato, MS, RDN “food as medicine” approach to her work helps her provide holistic support to her clients and we are so excited to have her integrated into the work we do. Learn more about her here!